Producer Online News
Individual Member Communication Plan for ACA-Plan Compliance - DO NOT PUBLISHSeptember 24, 2013
On September 3, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and its subsidiary HMO Colorado dba HMO Nevada (“Anthem”) sent an eBlast called “Retaining your Individual clients in Nevada” explaining how we will work with you to transition your clients to Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance. The eBlast also provided our overall strategy for communicating with your clients.
The purpose of this message is to provide additional detail and samples of our communications we will begin sending to your clients on or around September 27th. While the letters included with this message are SAMPLES ONLY, Broker Services will be able to look-up the specific letter your clients will receive.
As previously communicated in an eBlast called “Retaining your Individual clients in Nevada ” on September 3, and also in the eBlast called “Options for your Individual clients during ACA Transition,” non-grandfathered members can accept an offer to keep their current coverage until December 1, 2014 by accepting the New Policy Offer.
We have not communicated this New Policy Offer to your clients yet, however, we are planning to begin Anthem's open enrollment mailing within the next week.
Non-grandfathered clients who renew between February-December 2014 will receive an Open Enrollment letter outline their specific enrollment options. To review a SAMPLE of this Open Enrollment letter click here 848834 39368NVMENABD ANN NGF OE LT 08 28). Non-grandfathered members will be given the following options:
- New Policy Offer: These clients can move to an ACA-compliant plan with similar benefits as their current plan. Plan name and rate information will be included in the Open Enrollment letter, along with the New Policy Offer Form. The exact same form we mailed to your clients is due by November 15, should they wish to take this offer. HIPAA and December renewals are excluded.
- Remain on their current plan until their 2014 renewal.
- Switch to a new Anthem Plan during the Open Enrollment Period. NOTE: only members who renew in January will also get our plan suggestion and rate in the mailing going out next week. The rest of your clients will get a plan suggestion and rate in the transition letter described below 90-days prior to their renewal date. Members will also have the option to select any of our plans during Open Enrollment.
- Purchase a plan through Nevada's Health Insurance Marketplace, NevadaHealthLink.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In addition to the open enrollment letters described above, all non-grandfathered clients will receive the attached a Personalized Open Enrollment letter detailing their Transition options, 90-days before theri 2014 renewal date reminding them of their options, including the plan we suggest they move to along with the rate. To review a SAMPLE of their transition options, click here, (848834 39289NVMENABS Transition LT 08.28).
Also, beginning October 1 (for January renewals), all non-grandfathered clients will receive a Notice of Plan Discontinuation letter 90-days before their current plan renews. To review a SAMPLE, click here, (880332 40624NVMENABS NGF OE Plan Discontinuation Notice LT 09 13)
We will mail a Personalized Open Enrollment letter around September 27 to your grandfathered clients providing details on their enrollment options listed below. To review a SAMPLE, click here (848834 39364NVMENABS ANN GF OE LT 08.28) Grandfathered members will be given the following options:
- Stay on their current grandfathered plan.
- Choose a different ACA compliant Anthem plan.
- Purchase through Nevada's Health Insurance Marketplace, NevadaHealthLink during open enrollment.
Guarantee Issue (HIPAA)
As of January 1, 2014, HIPAA Standard and Conversion plans will no longer be supported by Nevada state law. We will send members a Notice of Discontinuation by mail. To review a SAMPLE, click here (880831 4029NVMENABS HIPAA NV Plan Discontinuation Notice LT 09.13). These members will also be mailed a personalized Open Enrollment letter around September 27 advising them of their specific options. To review a SAMPLE click here, (848834 39370NVMENABS Combo BB GF OE Trans LT 08.28) Those options include:
- Members will receive Plan and Rate information for an Anthem ACA Compliant plan that we feel could continue to meet their needs. If they choose this option, they will need to enroll between October 1 and December 15 for a January 1 effective date. If they don't select a plan by December 15, we will assume they approve our suggested plan.
- Choose a different ACA-compliant Anthem plan
- Purchase a plan through Nevada's Health Insurance Marketplace, NevadaHealthLink during open enrollment.
- These members are not eligible for the New Policy Offer.
Thank you for your continued support as we guide members through this change together. Please contact me with questions.